Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week 9. Tute Task/Spark.

ESSAY TOPICS
For the essay I have chosen to do topic six which is



Increasingly mobile devices are an aid to the gathering and reporting of information, both by professional journalists and “citizen journalists”.  Outline the advantages and disadvantages of this sort of news gathering. How might it impact on journalistic practices and news values and ethics?

I chose this topic because i feel that i can relate to it the most and i have the most interest in it. I think the way of comparing and analysing the use for such device in the 21st century and what role it provides in the news gathering is important as it could mean what makes and breaks the weekly news. Also as i am studying a Bachelor of Journalism i feel that i have some connection to this topic and how it will in some day affect the way i will do my job. 

I plan to discuss in the essay the pros and cons of such devices and what it could mean for the journalism and news gathering industry. Also i think i want to investigate what the impact these devices has on the people using them. I'm thinking at this stage that i may research what some of the old fashioned information gathering devices were and look at the reliability and ethics behind this hand-held device which is so heavily relied upon. I think the main point of my essay will be whether or not the mobile  phone has be a benefit to the industry or has just made people lazy.  

INITIAL RESEARCH





No comments:

Post a Comment